The 2015 Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Fresh Summit has come and gone and, in a nutshell, it exceeded all of my expectations. I’m relatively new to the produce industry, so this was my first time at Fresh Summit. I’d heard nothing but great things about the knowledgeable people, educational opportunities, and innovative ideas at the event. Now that I’ve experienced it all for myself, I can vouch for all of the great things others have said. Here are my top five favorite things from the PMA Fresh Summit:
- The people. My colleague, Drew, mentioned last week that the people are one of his favorite things about the event. I can confirm, wholeheartedly, that the people and the connections you make are incredible! Sure, there are competitors’ booths right next to your own booth, but it still feels like one big, happy produce family.
- The pride. I felt overwhelmingly proud at Fresh Summit. Being a part of an industry that represents healthy living and supports the family farmers in America and all around the world is so invigorating.
- The Women’s Breakfast. I am so pleased that Robinson Fresh sponsored this networking event that provides so much inspiration to women in the produce industry.
- New Products Showcase. It was so much fun to see our own Glory Foods® Power Essence™ in the New Products Showcase. It was also amazing to see the creativity across the industry when it comes to new products, packaging, and the focus on convenience for the consumer.
- The customers and growers. Meeting our customers and family growers face-to-face was awesome. I loved meeting the growers of our produce and the customers who deliver that quality produce to the consumer’s table!